I desperately want to try and catch up on my Goodreads challenge this month, and though I won’t be on track, at least I’ll be heading there. I’ve managed to bring it up from 19 books behind schedule to 10/11 in the past six weeks, so fingers crossed I can bring that number down further.
LucytheReader is hosting a readathon this month – the Classicsathon – which I am going to join in, if only to read one or two books! The aim is to read as many classics as possible, but I want to read a variety in August before uni starts again, so I may just aim for one or two.
I’m so indecisive at the moment, and also worried that I may be going into a reading slump, so I’ve kept this as short as possible so that I can just pick up whatever I may be in the mood for! I’m in the mood for either Rebecca or Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier, though I can’t decide between them so I’ll see how I feel when I come to pick one up.
- Les Miserables – Victor Hugo (I’m about two-thirds of the way through this already and would just like to read some more of it!)
- The Woman in White – Wilkie Collins
- Only Love Can Break Your Heart – Katherine Webber
- It Only Happens in the Movies – Holly Bourne
- A Sky Painted Gold – Laura Wood