(I’m just noting here that my five books I want to read this year will be going up soon however two of the books are at uni and so I want to take a photo of all five for the post!)
- Read 25 books – I’ve set my goodreads goal pretty low this year, as last year it was 75. However last year I started well but never actually achieved my goal (I read 71), and spent the whole year feeling guilty if I picked up a longer book. A Little Life was incredible, but I’ve never felt so guilty about reading a book I truly loved, and I definitely don’t want to feel that way again.
- Read longer books – This is the main reason I wanted to set a lower goodreads goal, I have so many, especially as I didn’t pick them up in 2016, but they look absolutely amazing.
- Don’t feel pressured to read – Okay, so when it comes to uni books, I probably need to feel more pressured, but I’m focusing here on reading for pleasure. I found myself last year choosing books because of their length and not because I genuinely wanted to read them, and again, I don’t want to feel that way this year.
Blogging / Youtube Goals
- Post once a week minimum – last week I aimed too high with three times a week and fell completely on my face. This year I’m aiming to post every thursday (this may change in september with my new timetable but for the first half of 2017 thursday should be okay) and then build it up if I have extra posts. I’d love to post three times a week but sometimes it’s not possible and I feel bad if I don’t.
- Post wrap ups and hauls on Youtube – planning, filming, editing and uploading a video every week is just too much for me to manage as I have a busy schedule and other things that must take priority. However, I do enjoy making videos and so I’m hoping to try to film more. I may or may not write a post on the changes I plan to make regarding my youtube videos, but as yet I’m not sure if I will. If I don’t, expect them to be more vlog-style.
- Read all of my texts on time – Pretty self explanatory but last semester / term I failed miserably, being a fresher is surprisingly hectic and I found myself regularly going to the lecture or seminar with half a text (if any) read. This has to change!
(I didn’t know what picture to opt for with this post so have this pretty one of my uni that I took in autumn)