So I’ve covered both classics and modern classics so far, but I wanted to do a list of five ‘regular’ books that I want to get to before the year ends. My mood is always changing, and the book I most want to pick up today quite probably will be different from the one I’ll want to read tomorrow, though these five are those that I’ve constantly been thinking about picking up.
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon – I’ve heard so much about this and it sounds so amazing and I just need to read it. I read the first chapter a while ago but put it down for some reason but I don’t know why because it was so good.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas – I don’t know if it’s the title or the cover or what, but this just screams ‘winter read’ at me. Maybe it’s because it’s long and I spend more time inside reading during the winter (I hate the cold passionately). I don’t know. But this looks fabulous.
- I Am China by Xiaolu Guo – Something about this novel intrigues me and despite the fact that I have heard nothing about it whatsoever, I cannot wait to get to it.
- The Glorious Heresies by Lisa McInerney – This has had my attention for a while now, and it looks like something I wouldn’t normally pick up, but for some reason I can’t wait to do so.
- Burial Rights by Hannah Kent – I wanted to read this last December (It’s another that screams ‘winter read’ at me) but never got around to it. This year, however, I definitely plan to make time for it and can’t wait to read it.
As with my modern classics list, this could go on. Who knows how many I’ll read eventually, but these are some that are high priority and that I will definitely be taking to uni with me. Do you have any books you want to read before the end of the year?