I’m barely two weeks into this semester and for some reason, I’m finding it a lot harder than the last. I thought I’d make a list of some things that are different this time around, both good and bad, to think about it. I desperately wanted to come to uni and wouldn’t change it for anything, but that doesn’t mean it’s always a walk in the park.
- I’m desperately homesick. I’ve never been as homesick before, yes, I’ve missed my dogs and family but now I want to be with them all the time.
- I have grades now that count towards my degree (they’re good, but that doesn’t mean I’m entirely happy with them, as I worked so hard for them and completely burned myself out).
- I’ve realised how beneficial exercise is. Even half an hour walking offers me a reprieve and a time when I don’t think about anything at all except walking (unless I’m listening to an audiobook). Same for the gym.
- I have to actually make life decisions.
- I need to plan work experience.
- I’m going to write more poetry!
- I’m struggling to get motivated, maybe because of the grades, maybe the homesickness, I’m not sure. Last semester I was well ahead of the game for quite a few weeks.
- I’m trying to read books for myself and not just for uni.
Do you find that every semester brings new changes and challenges? Each time, something has changed, good and bad. I enjoy the change, most of the time, and I’ll get myself together eventually and enjoy this semester no doubt. Especially writing poetry; I haven’t written much for a while now, and I can’t wait to be writing it again!
Throwback to summer with this picture. I miss these two SO much (but that hasn’t changed a bit).
2 thoughts on “Things That Are Different This Semester”