I love contemporary books, it’s one of my favourite genres. Summer is the perfect time to read them, though they’re the type of book that I pick up all year round, and I thought that I’d share some of my favourites (these are not in an order). Any that I have reviewed should be linked.
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
I nearly missed this off my list… How? HOW?! It’s amazing and perfect and ugh.
- Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, Isla and the Happily Ever After – Stephanie Perkins
I’m sure you’ve heard a lot about them already, but they really are fabulous.
- One – Sarah Crossan
This made me cry, it’s so wonderful.
- Zac and Mia – A. J. Betts
This was such a gorgeous story.
- Everything, Everything – Nicola Yoon
One of my favourites of last year.
- Am I Normal Yet? – Holly Bourne
I’m so looking forward to finishing this trilogy.
- Since You’ve Been Gone, Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour – Morgan Matson
Since You’ve Been Gone is my favourite of the two, but Morgan Matson is fast becoming one of my favourite writers, I can’t wait to read her other two.
- Extraordinary Means – Robyn Schneider
This was such a wonderful read.
- Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell
I think everyone has heard of or read this, but it deserves the hype.
- Faceless – Alyssa Sheinmel
There is very little romance in this, and it was so refreshing.
- Fans of the Impossible Life – Kate Scelsa
I loved the characters in this novel and also the narration is unique and interesting.
Have you read any contemporaries that you’ve enjoyed? Let me know!