I do have half term at the end of this month, but I still think that this TBR is extremely ambitious. I didn’t even read fourteen books in July or August when I had time, especially not including classics. The problem is I have a lot of books that I have started and want to finish, it’s halloween so, like everyone else, I want to read something (slightly) scary and I have some books for review. We’ll see. I’m going to aim for half of them I think, and hope for the best!
- What We Left Behind – Robin Talley (this is an ARC that needs to be reviewed before its release date of the 22nd)
- The Light That Gets Lost – Natasha Carthew (Again this is an ARC but it doesn’t come out until November – but it looks so good and I cannot wait to read it)
- Need – Joelle Charbonneau (This is an ARC that comes out very early November and so I need to read this! The plot looks so intriguing and I’m really looking forward to starting it, although I may leave it to a time when I have a little less work to do because it seems like the kind of book I’ll want to focus on properly)
- The Invasion of the Tearling – Erika Johansen (Oh my days the sooner that I get to this the better I cannot wait…!)
- The Picture of Dorian Gray – Oscar Wilde (I’ve already started this and I’m really enjoying it! I just had to put it down for a while because I was really tired by the time I was getting to bed (and when I picked it up therefore) and couldn’t focus on it)
- The Divine Comedy – Dante (This book is so so beautiful and I honestly am so excited to read it! This is another one that I’ve already started).
- More Than This – Patrick Ness (I’ve already started this, but struggled with it as a read before bed as it’s quite dark and I wanted something I could just chill and relax with!)
- Rook – Shannon Cameron (This was the Perustopia book club book and yes I missed the liveshow deadline thingy (the time to have read it by) but I’m about halfway through and am struggling to get motivated to pick it back up, despite the fact that I was really enjoying it)
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – Ransom Riggs (This is as spooky as I’ll go – I’m such a wimp – and it’s perfect for halloween coming up!)
- Lady Chatterley’s Lover – D. H. Lawrence (I need to read this for school asap, but I’m struggling to find the motivation (for the same reason as Dorian Gray, I’m too tired to focus on a classic in the evenings when I read!))
- The Accident Season – Moira Fowley-Doyle (I’ve heard that this is set in October and there’s something about reading a book in the month it’s set! It’s also quite short!)
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream – William Shakespeare (Since starting Hamlet at school this year and realising just how much I enjoy (and actually shockingly understand) Shakespeare, I’ve wanted to pick up another of his plays, and this is the one I have, for some reason, wanted to read for ages!)
- On Chesil Beach – Ian McEwan (I have started reading this and I’m really enjoying it so far, and it’s really short!)
- Brave New World – Aldous Huxley (I’ve been meaning to read this for ages and I’m enjoying dystopians at the moment)
So yeah, a rather long list, but these are the books that I’m really in the mood to read at the moment! I’m just hoping to have a better reading month than September…